As we approach mid-January, I can practically hear the groans of those who over-indulged at Christmas as they start to lose momentum with their fad New Year diet and can’t bear to haul themselves down to the gym for the fifth time this week.
I am a firm believer in ‘everything in moderation’…but I am also a firm believer that eating healthy food shouldn’t be seen as a chore. There are so many ways to make even your favourite junk food healthy – it is all about knowing the right recipes!
Personally, I am a BIG fan of pizza…so much so I could happily eat it all day every day for the rest of my life. The fact is, if I did eat pizza all day every day for the rest of my life I would end up extremely fat with lots of health problems. Boooo!
So after a bit of searching and recipe testing, I have managed to create a pizza base that is not only healthy but bursting with protein…so it is perfect to scoff just after you’ve hit the gym hard. It tastes amazing and I really hope you enjoy!
For the base
1 cup oats
2 scoops Bulk Powders protein
½ cup egg whites
1 tbsp coconut flour
1 tsp mixed herbs
You can mix and match what you like but my favourites are:
- Turn on the grill to the highest setting and heat a tablespoon of coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat.
- Measure out your base ingredients and transfer to your blender/Nutribullet.
- Blast in the blender/Nutribullet for 30 seconds until you have a ‘pancake’ consistency.
- Pour your mixture into the frying pan and tilt until you have a pizza sized ‘pancake’. Let it cook for a minute or so and flip to the other side and cook again for 1 minute.
- When the ‘pancake’ is browned (but not burnt) remove from the pan onto a plate.
- Using a spatula, cover your base with tomato puree and then arrange your toppings.
- Transfer to the oven and grill for 15 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is golden brown.
Remove, slice up and enjoy!
Let me know if you have a go at making my protein pizza, I would love to see your creations!